A dental crown is a cap that is placed over a tooth and held in by dental cement. Crowns can be used for:
- Heavily restored teeth
- Teeth that are very broken down
- To protect and preserve teeth after root-canal treatment
Crowns are made to fit precisely and accurately around your tooth. After the tooth has been prepared, a special mould is taken by the dentist and sent to our laboratory. They will custom-make a crown to the exact measurements of your mouth. This is then cemented in place by the dentist, improving the function and appearance of your smile.
Same day crowns with Cerec technology
After carrying out an examination we will let you know if a same day crown is suitable for you.
Once the tooth has been prepared, we will take a digital scan of the tooth. We then use Cerec CAD/CAM technology to make sure we achieve a precise fit.
Same day crowns are a great option for:
- Patients who have time constraints and would like the procedure carried out in a single day.
- Patients who have a strong gag reflex and cannot tolerate conventional impression moulds. With a same day crown, we take a digital scan instead.
- Nervous patients – a same day crown mean less appointments, and the procedure is completed in a single day
A dental bridge is a fixed dental prosthesis that can be used to replace one or more missing teeth in your mouth. The teeth either side of the space are used for support, and therefore “bridge” the gap.
Advantages of bridges:
- Restore chewing function
- Improve dental appearance
- Are fixed and stable
Routinely there are three options for replacing teeth. Bridges being one of them, as well as Dentures and Dental Implants being the other two. Following an assessment with your dentist, they will be able to advise you on which option is best for you.