We are aware that many people are frightened of the dentist and avoid dental treatment altogether. Here at Chalfont St Peter Dental Practice we always aim to treat nervous patients in a calm and sympathetic way, to ensure they can overcome their fear of the dentist to achieve a healthy smile.
How we can help
- Your first visit will be an examination, so this will give you a chance to get to know your dentist
- We are happy for you to bring a friend to your appointment if this will make you more comfortable
- You can bring a personal stereo to listen to music if you think this will help you to relax
- We will agree a sign with you, so that if you need a break or want to stop at any point we will do so. This can be as simple as raising your hand, but will help you feel more in control
- We will be understanding and promise to listen to you carefully
- For very nervous patients or those with a severe phobia, we can arrange for treatment to be carried out under sedation if appropriate